does anyone else feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day?
today is my last day at my parents’ house before i pack up and head back to school, and it seems like i have so much to do! i went to bed early last night to get a jumpstart on my day, but waking up at 6 a.m. still sucked.
anyways, i spent an hour on the elliptical and then went shopping for a weekend’s worth of food to feed my sorority. we’re all heading back early to prepare for recruitment, and i’m in charge of planning and cooking the meals. i bought food for three lunches and four dinners for 25 women, and it only cost $190 and took two hours. BAM.
unfortunately, i still have lots to do. i’m getting my hair cut at 1:00, and after that i need to work on revising my grad school application essays, packing up my stuff, getting some last-minute things at the store, and working on my essays some more. i don’t know where my break went, but i feel like it flew by WAY too fast.
i set some goals for myself to do over break, and it only seems right to revisit them now.
- exercise in some form everyday (accomplished this one for sure!)
- start strength training routine (i’ve been strength training 3 times a week)
- get back into pilates (uhhh…working on it. i did do some yoga, and i just got a new pilates dvd in the mail)
- stay away from processed foods & pop (i did this for the most part)
- experiment with new foods & recipes (did this one too. i definitely think i branched out)
- study hardcore for the GRE (i take it on december 21st!) (i studied a LOT, and my math score improved by about 200 points. but my verbal score AND my essay scores both were lower the second time, even after studying for both. SERIOUSLY??)
- read 4 books for fun (well, i started reading 4 books for fun. does that count? i’m a bit bummed about this one!)
- make scrapbook (didn’t even start. whoops!)
- organize/plan for sorority event (mostly done)
- complete all grad school materials & mail application by january 10th (whoops. life and anxiety got in the way here, but i’m working on it!)
overall, i think i did pretty well. i feel like i was busy during the entire break, whether i was studying for the GRE, traveling to see friends, or working on grad school stuff. i definitely didn’t spend a lot of time sitting around like i normally do. would it have been nice to read 4 books, get my grad school stuff in earlier, make that scrapbook, and become a pilates buff? of course. but life gets in the way, and you have to be happy with where you’re at.
i have to go get ready for my hair appointment, which i’m super excited about. i hope it turns out well. we shall see.